I just wanted to post about more of the bass fishing we have been doing here close to home.

Dark picture here, but it was a beautiful sunset, as always, on Johnson Reservoir..



They weren't big lunkers by any means, but they sure do put up a fight, especially on an ultralight rod.

We took the drifty out on Lamont Reservoir and although it was a beautiful day, I guess the water was still a bit too cold for the fish. We didn't catch a thing! :( Always fun to be in the boat and practice our rowing skills. Funny thing about this trip--we were getting the boat all ready to launch, then as we launched it Will asked me "Did you put the plugs in?" Well, I hadn't and he hadn't, so long story short, water got in the bottom of the boat before I was able to put the plugs in. No worries of drowning or sinking the boat or anything. We have a Aqua-Zooka squirt gun thing that we used to get a lot of the water out, but there still was a little in the bottom during the time we were out fishing. I bet we will remember to check and double check the plugs next time.

I bought a new sunhat and I love it! It has a strap so I don't have to worry about the wind blowing my hat off, and it has way good coverage to protect this red-headed-fair-skinned girl from the sun. Sunscreen is our friend.
1 comment:
I think this looks like so much fun. I am terrified of lakes and rivers, but I really do want to get over it and get on a boat. I've never been on one...well, actually, I was on a raft down the Snake River. SCARY! But other than that I've never been. I think I'm going to take up boat fishing. :)
Post a Comment