Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

We are excited to welcome in the new year 2010!! There's always something refreshing about starting anew. New goals, plans, ideas, things to look forward to, etc. Last year we made a list of things that we wanted to do throughout the year, and I think we had a very fun and productive year. So I'm hoping to do that again, as well as write down some personal goals and resolutions.

To recap our year, we would like to share some of our checked-off items from our to-do list…

TO-DO LIST: 2009

  • "Fix and flip" our investment property
  • Learn to play Pinochle from our good friends Nancy and Victor
  • Send Will to Real Estate Courses in both Phoenix and Boise
  • Apply for Will’s Realtor license
  • Follow around and coach the West Side High School wrestling team
  • Purchase shaved ice business and run the business all summer
  • Take trip to Yellowstone National Park with the Sharps (don't forget to take photos of the wolves, bear, bison, and elk)
  • Go camping at Baumgartner Campground with the Jensens (and try to stay out of the rain)
  • Celebrate Heidi's birthday by catching cutthroat trout on the St. Joe's River in Northern Idaho
  • Go fishing a lot (Willard Bay, Henry’s Fork, “No-Tell-Em” Creek, as well as our local fishing holes)
  • Weed and water the garden and enjoy the harvest
  • Learn to preserve the harvest by bottling, freezing, and dehydrating
  • Take annual backpacking trip- Palisades Creek this year (remember to take extra dry clothes and waterproof shoes)
  • Get front row seats to watch the Bar J Wranglers perform in Jackson Hole WY with the Jensen extended family
  • Spend Thanksgiving weekend in Mountain Home, ID with the Jensens (remember to bring racquetball attire)

I got a few Christmas cards sent out. I didn't have as many addresses as I hoped to have to send to more people. I sent this "to-do" list out in the Christmas cards as our Christmas letter. Hopefully I can get more mailing addresses for next year.


No comments: