For the past several weeks now as we've been driving around town at night I have seen so many Christmas trees up in people's homes. It's awesome to see! I also noticed how a lot of people put them by their front room window. Is there a significance to this, or does anybody know how this tradition got started? Anyway, I've been wanting to get our Christmas tree up and decorated. Saturday I accomplished this task. With a little bit of furniture re-arrangement and a few hours at home by myself I got the tree put up and decorated. I love putting up my Christmas tree! I have a lot of ornaments that are very memorable to me. As I was growing up, every year my parents gave us kids one ornament each. So, it's fun to unpack those and remember getting them. Also, I made a lot of my ornaments through girl scouts, school, church groups, etc. And I've received some awesome ornaments from family and friends, and also collected some from places we have visited. So, all in all, my tree is very much so a memory tree and I love it!
We finally got snow here in Preston. Funny how it happened because on Friday I made this comment to Will: "don't we usually have snow this time of the year?" and then Saturday morning we woke up to 1-2 inches of snow on the ground and c-c-cold temperatures. Brrrr! I am not quite ready or excited for the snow, mostly because I don't like driving in it due to the added risk of problems.



2 comments:
the tree looks great! i love to put my in front of the front window, too. i think it's so pretty is mostly why, but i think it's also a way to share with everyone that we believe!
Thanks for sharing the photo of your tree. It looks great. I'm glad you enjoy all the ornaments and the memories they bring. I love the memories my trees bring also. We still don't have our tree up, though, as we can't find the base for it! Soon it will be too late to put it up. I guess I'll just have to go visit you and see yours.
Post a Comment