Monday, October 12, 2009

Wood Gathering

We were in Mountain Home last weekend visiting my parents and on Saturday we got to help them get logs for firewood. I remember doing this a lot growing up. Ever since my parents have had a fireplace in their house, we have taken many trips to the hills to cut down trees and load them in the trailer. It was always a fun outing that made us all feel tough because we could carry logs. I felt a bit unprepared this weekend because I didn't have my steel-toed boots that I always used to wear when we went.

Rolling the logs down the hill after my Dad cut them with his saw was pretty entertaining!




3 comments:

Stacey said...

Being a lumberjack is more fun than a lot of people think. Really.

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

My family used to gather firewood a lot when I was younger too. Of course back then we always dreaded it. It took a few years for my dad to decide that it was easier to cut them long in the woods and then cut them shorter at home. I remember holding my arms out in front of me and my siblings would pile the wood up in my arms until I couldn't see over the pile! Ah the memories!

VicandNanc said...

You are one tough woman carrying those logs by yourself!