Friday night we took an overnight trip up to the Blackfoot River area, north of Soda Springs. Will has been wanting to take me here ever since he worked for Idaho Fish and Game two summers ago and spent so much time in this area. We packed in record time and left later than we had planned, but we still got to fish a little bit Friday night before it got too dark. We camped in our tent and brought our air mattress and 3 blankets (down comforter, fleece blanket, and flannel comforter) to keep warm and I'm SO glad we brought all 3. We both stayed warm all night and woke up to a beautiful sunshiney day. It was so beautiful! The quaking aspen leaves have already started changing colors so it made it so beautiful to see the yellows and the reds. I had forgotten how much I love the fall! I'm grateful to live somewhere where I can enjoy the different seasons.

On our way home we stopped and fished Black Canyon (the Bear River in Grace). We both had so much fun catching lots of fish! They were taking our dry flies, as well as a pheasant tail nymph that we tried just for fun.




2 comments:
I'm glad to see the leaves are turning colors! I've been wanting to go hiking lately, but its been so warm that I didn't know if it was time yet. (I like to wait until the leaves are gorgeous)Hopefully we get time this weekend while in SLC!
You guys are the busiest! Looks like you're having great fun. Miss you, Heidi!!!
Post a Comment