Sunday, August 9, 2009

Palisades Creek Trail

We had another fun weekend adventure. This time we backpacked the Palisades Creek Trail. We took David and Jamie with us. We had a great time, except for the rain and everything getting soaked! But it still makes for a fun story and memory. Our trip was cut one day short on account of rain, so we ended up hiking the 8 miles in and 8 miles out on the same day! Our bodies are in shock from the beating we gave them, especially our legs! Depending on the map you look at, it was anywhere from 7 1/2 to 9 1/2 miles each way to the upper lake. It felt like 30 miles, though, as it usually does feel like way more when you're hiking it. Everything was so beautiful. The hiking trail follows right along the creek for the majority of the trail.


Lower Palisades Lake

The creek









We got to see some wildlife, too. We saw mountain goats high on the rocky cliffs (which we hadn't seen before), and MOOSE! I wanted to see a moose on this trip. I was so happy to see a moose in the wild.

We did get a little bit of fishing in at the upper lake. We both caught a couple cutthroat trout and they were pretty fish. High mountain lakes offer some amazing fishing opportunities which is why we love it so much!
We ate some yummy berries on the way along the trail. Raspberries and some huckleberries, too. YUM!
Pretty flowers, too!
Here is the storm coming in

I'm grateful we had rain jackets
The trail turned into a small stream. "Little Palisades Creek"
We got so wet and muddy!


3 comments:

Jenni said...

that looked like such a pretty place!!! Makes me want to go camping.

So I have to ask...do you guys ever sick of eating fish? LOL

Will and Heidi said...

We rarely keep fish, actually. We catch and release most of the time and we like it that way. :) But we do love to get fish and chips if we go to a restaurant!

thesearlesociety said...

Wow, so pretty! It's so cool that you guys are such "outdoorsy" people! I love the outdoors too, but not as much as you, I think!