Sunday, June 7, 2009

Willard Bay Wipers

This past Saturday was Free Fishing Day in Utah. We have a tradition with Uncle Mike and his family that we go down to Utah and he takes us fishing for Free Fish Day. This year was an absolute blast! We got to fish at Willard Bay. We got into several WIPERS. A wiper is a hybrid bass (striped bass and white bass). The weather turned out to be beautiful despite what the news reporter said. Very sunny and we only got slightly sunburned, which I consider a personal victory. We kept the sunscreen lathered on pretty good and tried to keep covered up when we could.

Here are some photos from the weekend




David and Jamie came out on the boat with us for a little while and caught this smallmouth bass!

We got to see a beautiful sunrise over the east mountains


This teeny fish was only slightly bigger than the lure! Ha ha!

It was a great weekend. We feel like kings and queens when we go to visit Mike and Vera and the kids. They are all so nice and loving. It's super fun to get to hang out with them! Thanks for a fun time! We look forward to it every year. We feel really grateful for all of our great family on both sides of our tree! We love you all!

7 comments:

BrookieT said...

That lake looks so beautiful! Was it very cold? Did you throw the small one back?

VicandNanc said...

Those fish look so pretty that they look fake! I'm glad you had a great time :)

Emily said...

I think it is so awesome that you and Will both enjoy fishing!!! Dustin and I need to find a hobby like that :)!!!

thesearlesociety said...

I just got caught up on your blog adventures. Sounds like you've had a lot of fun! I love the Snow Cone Shack-pretty creative. Good luck with it!

Michelle W. Nate said...

That looks like so much fun! Next time you talk to Dave tell him hello from Michelle Nate...Stephanie's aunt, if he doesn't remember. :)

Anonymous said...

HA HA! William...YOU sure caught a whooper! I love that tiny fish!
Nice job with the rest of the fishing day you two.

Juli said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss you, Heidi!