Sunday, May 31, 2009

RedHead Day


Will and I were researching red hair today on the internet and found this information on Wikipedia.

"Redheadday is the name of a Dutch summer festival that takes place each first weekend of September in the city of Breda, in the Netherlands. The two-day festival is a gathering of people with natural red hair, but is also focused on art related to the color red. Activities during the festival are lectures, workshops and demonstrations which are aimed specifically at redhaired people. The festival attracts attendance from 20 countries and is free due to sponsorship of the local government."

We never even knew about this! That's awesome! Maybe we could start this festival in USA? Spread the word, people!

For more information click here.

Soooo...save the date for September 5th and 6th, 2009 to celebrate Redheadday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, I knew I would enjoy reading this post when I saw the title. What a funny thing to research on the internet, but interesting. I hope you all have a big celebration that day.

Valerie and Christopher said...

booya! we'll be celebrating at our house for sure!

Brian Norton said...

Yay for Redheadday! too cool.

JaNae said...

:) I know that I'm not a total redhead, just have red in my hair, but Aubry could go :)

BrookieT said...

I think you should totally go there this year!