Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cabin Fever: Cured


Will and I both had a major case of "cabin fever" yesterday so we decided to go get out of the house for a while. We drove up Oneida Narrows and even fished a little bit in the river. It was soooo good to get out of town for a minute. We took our spinning rods and casted some spinners and lures.




It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining for parts of the afternoon, and some light snowflakes were coming down on and off. I loved being outdoors again. It was a perfect day for trapesing around in the snow and mud! It's been so long since we've fished, I think we were both itchin' for it. The mountains and river were beautiful and we even got to see some wildlife: deer, turkeys, an eagle, ducks, and geese. It made me appreciate again and feel so blessed to live where we do. We have some awesome and beautiful outdoor opportunities that aren't very far away.






An outing like that just wouldn't be complete without a picnic! I love picnics. I made some sandwiches and drinks and we ate lunch in the truck while we were up there. We tried out our thermos for the first time. It's one that we bought a couple of years ago at an estate sale in Pocatello. I made some hot chocolate and poured it into the thermos at home before we left. On our drive home, we decided to see how hot it was still, and it was as hot as it was when I put it into the thermos that morning! Awesome!



7 comments:

csharpfamily said...

How fun! It is easy to see how much you two enjoy life. What wonderful memories and it is so great that you both enjoy the same things. Congratulations on getting a way for a bit! It looks beautiful up there!

Tammy said...

Wow! looks like fun! Those are some beautiful photos!

BrookieT said...

It is so darn beautiful, even in winter! Gotta love being up close and personal with wildlife. And that is one awesome thermos!

VicandNanc said...

BRRRRR! THis looks so cold, but still very beautiful & it does look refreshing! I have to tell you that after our little chat my excitement has been building!!! haha! Can't wait to see you!

Jenni said...

Okay so it has been too long since I have had a chance to read up on you guys. Sorry about that. Heidi I didn't even know you got braces! Your little cabin-fever-induced excursion looked nice. I am so ready for summer, how bout you?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your outing! It looked like you both enjoyed yourself a lot. Did you catch a whopper?

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

It's so nice that you guys are able to go and really enjoy those things together! I am started getting cabin fever myself. And good thermoses are hard to come by! :)