Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pinochle!

That's right folks. The awesome game of Pinochle is finally in our hands! We took a trip to Twin Falls, ID this weekend to visit our friends Nancy and Victor. I met Nancy at Idaho State. She was in my dental hygiene class and eventually became a roommate. I've had tons of fun with her! They are both great friends and we felt totally comfortable at their home.

They taught us how to play pinochle! We played a lot of rounds and it was so fun! I can just see us in 60 years sitting around a card table and playing pinochle!



We ate lots of good food and desserts that Nancy made! Yum! and so fancy! She is such a great host!



Victor made us crepes for breakfast.

We got to go see "Twin Falls" that is really only one falls anymore since they dammed the other one.






More yummy food by Nancy!

And we got to play badminton in the park. Neither Will nor I had played since high school P.E. class. It was a ball! Except where we were playing, there was a disc golf course right there, too and so we had to watch out for flying discs!


Will fell in love with this cute little creek right in the park. It really was the perfect size for fly fishing all day long!

The boys played some pretty intense games of ping pong. They were both sweating by the end!

Overall it was a SUPER fun trip and I look forward to being with these fun friends again.

5 comments:

Valerie and Christopher said...

so much fun! you guys are the cutest little couple EVER! i love living vicariously through all of your adventures. looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with the first comment. I remeber telling Jason that I wished I could be your next door neighbors forever. You all know how to work hard and play hard.

csharpfamily said...

Wow! You two are quite the adventuresome couple. How fun to read about the adventures that you have. It sounds like a blast!

VicandNanc said...

Haha! You got some good pictures... you NEED to email me! Please check out my apology on my site :) ...I'll email you after you email me (blackmail, I know, but I want some pics!)

BrookieT said...

Good thing you could get and do that before all the snow!