Friday, March 20, 2009

Outta Gas




Well, I couldn't fool anybody one bit. I didn't really think I would fool anybody. I had just a few minutes yesterday at lunch when I decided to do a quick post.

Yes, the rumors are correct! Until last weekend I could say that I've never run out of gas before. On our way to Mountain Home for the weekend, we were planning to get gas in Pocatello. Well, we should have taken the 1st exit in Pocatello instead of the 2nd one, because between the two we ran out of gas. Luckily we were not in the middle of nowhere which we very well could have been since there's lots of that here in S.E. Idaho. It was more of a funny experience than a worry one. I was grateful when our friend Justin answered his phone and said he was in Pocatello and could come help us out. Many of you may have noticed missed calls on your phones from us last Thursday evening. I was going through both of our cell phones and calling numbers of people who we knew in Pocatello and thought still lived there.


The reason we were going to take the 2nd Pocatello exit was so we could get Maverik gas, you know we're always trying to save a nickel! We could have taken the 1st Pocatello exit which had a gas station right off the exit. Ha ha.

We eventually made it to Mountain Home that night, about 12:30 a.m. I'm grateful that we were safe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! That is funny. Glad you made it home : )

Valerie and Christopher said...

LOL LOL At least it was a mutual decision and not "I TOLD you to get off at the first exit, but did you listen to me? No. Now I have to stay here in the car alone while you go out to find gas" Yep...good times good times

The White House said...

Thanks for the funny story. We have had a few close calls but never no gas, hope we never have to do that with our kids. Glad you guys are able to laugh about it!

Burdick Family said...

You should have called us! We would have been happy to come and help out the penny-pinchers! (: It would be good to see you guys again. Glad you found someone to help you out!

BrookieT said...

Phew! Thank goodness for cell-phones! Maybe I should program people's numbers in my phone for just that reason...

Kate Call said...

glad you were safe too!
... i have only ran out of gas one time too... and it was on my way to hygiene class, oh i was so stressed! that is just not a great feeling where ever you are heading is it? glad to hear everything turned out ok.

Jenni said...

Hahaha too funny. What a coincidence. We just ran out of gas on Sunday on our way through Vancouver. LOL we had to walk an hour and a half to get gas.