Sunday, February 22, 2009

Salt Lake trip

Hello friends! I feel like I've been such a blah-ish blogger lately, but really there hasn't been too much to write about or report. I feel like I've been a lot busier lately with different things going on, so there hasn't been as much time to sit down at the computer.

Thursday and Friday I went to Salt Lake with my Mom. She was so VERY nice to drive all the way from Mountain Home to Preston and pick me up to go down. I had the Utah Dental Association's annual conference that I wanted to attend so I could get my CE credits for the year. I would have just brought Will with me but he had the district wrestling tournament on Friday that he needed to be at. So, as mentioned already, I talked my Mom into coming down and going with me. She would just drop me off at the Salt Palace and pick me up when it was time, and while I attended the different lectures, she played in SLC. She went geocaching mostly and visited the DUP museum. It sure was nice to have a "taxi" and not have to worry about parking or driving. THANKS A TON MOM!

We had a really good time! We stayed with my Aunt Judy and Uncle Donald. That was fun. Donald showed us his '67 mustang that he has been restoring. It was sweet! I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

It was such a beautiful day! It was sunny and warm-ish, hardly needed a light jacket during the afternoon. I was especially excited to see buds on the trees!


And if you look closely in this picture, there are a bunch of little birds (sparrows, maybe? I'm not sure what they are).
Definitely signs of Spring!


These pictures were taken at the base of Ensign Peak


Thursday evening we attended the Draper Temple open house. It was great! This was the only picture I took. The temple has a beautiful location up against the mountains, able to be seen down in the valley.
Just to report how the wrestling went: West Side will be taking 6 wrestlers to State! That's awesome I think especially considering there are only 9 that were competing. Two of our wrestlers got injured a little while back and so it was a bummer for them not to be able to come back and wrestle. There's always next year...

6 comments:

csharpfamily said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom. What a great day. I know someone that does geo-cashing and it looks like it can be pretty fun. Cuddos to the wresting team. 6 out of 9 is very impressive. Go Team! Sounds like it was wonderful all the way around.

VicandNanc said...

I am SO jealous that you got a year's worth of CE's... I need some so badly right now! That would have been fun to bum along with you & your mom! Let me know next time you do another CE course. Heather, you, & I should do one :)

Emily said...

What a great Mom! It's fun to spend some fun time with family. I'm glad that you got to go to the temple Open House. It looks like you got to play a little too!

Tammy said...

You must have one great mom! That's fun that you were able to make a trip together! congrats on the wrestling team going to state!

Carol said...

Yes, we did have a lot of fun. I'm glad I was able to go with you and have some mother/daughter time. You are a special young lady and I am pleased to be your mom. You always take such good care of me!

BrookieT said...

How fun to have time with mom. And I miss those beautiful Utah mountains...