Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Here's 25 other random things, facts, habits, or goals about me.

by Heidi

1. I look forward to getting the mail every day, even though usually it just has bills. Sometimes there's really good stuff, though.

2. Summer is my favorite season. Autumn does come in a very close second place, though.

3. I enjoy work, any kind. I like the feeling of accomplishment.

4. I REALLY enjoy my current job. I am a dental hygienist for Kelley Family Dentistry.

5. My husband and I would really, really love to have a baby anytime soon. Still working on that one.

6. I am kind of a 'home body'. I love my home, and feel good, comfortable, and safe at home. It's not that I don't like going on trips and vacations, I just look forward to coming back home again. I enjoy my days off work when I can usually just stay home and get projects done like cleaning, laundry, and fun things too.

7. I am a coupon clipper and love finding good deals. I am a very frequent shopper of thrift stores and second hand stores. I can hardly ever talk myself into buying anything full price at regular stores.

8. I want to learn more about money and how to be wealthy.

9. I really wish I had a coat closet in my current home.

10. Sewing and quilting are a couple of my recent favorite hobbies.

11. I love my family! Even though most of my immediate family live over 4 hours away I still really enjoy getting together with them and try to do that as much as we can. They are all so good to me.

12. I am the youngest of 5 children in my family. I'm not afraid to admit that I am spoiled.

13. I enjoy blogging but definitely have to set limits on how long I can spend reading other blogs.

14. I love playing the piano. I especially enjoy playing Jon Schmidt songs, and having my husband listen. He loves to listen!

15. I own a guitar and am learning to play it. I am just self-teaching and it's worked out pretty good so far. The only problem is finding more time to practice it...I should say making more time.

16. I LOVE LOVE LOVE keeping in touch with people! That is really the only reason that I have a facebook account, and have a blog, just so I can keep up with other people. I love to keep in touch through email, too.

17. My drink of choice is water.

18. I like to think that I am an organized person.

19. The current vehicles that we drive are a Chevy Cavalier and a Ford Ranger pickup.

20. I try and surround myself with positive things and people.

21. I enjoy not having T.V. in our home.

22. When I was little, I used to stop and smell the flowers wherever and whenever I could. My mom has lots of pictures of me smelling flowers at different places we visited.

23. I enjoy music a lot, and I like singing. I think my love for music came partially from "the orange tapes". The orange tapes were a collection of children's songs on 6 or 8 cassette tapes that I had. I listened to them all the time and everywhere we went as a family. The orange tapes were awesome!

24. Fishing is a hobby that I've come to love since being married to my husband. I enjoy it and I think it's great to have something that we can go and do together.

25. I would love to go to Alaska again someday.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The thing I love about these 25 things lists is that you just get such a feel for a person. And, having lived with you for a few months, I definitely see the Heidi in all of these. I love it!

You are definitely a very positive person and that is wonderful. I'm sure it helps you through tough times in your life. And, I love that you've adopted one of Will's hobbies. What a great activity!

BTW--if you're ever up in the Everett/Seattle area, let me know!

csharpfamily said...

Wow! It was great reading your 25 things. I found myself thinking...yes...me too. I love home the best and LOVE being around family. Sometimes, I find myself trying to just drink in the entire mement and wanting to remember it forever. We get together every weekend for dinner and I love it and I am so grateful that the kids are close.

Valerie and Christopher said...

i love these lists. it really gives you a little insight. so fun!
the baby thing will totally happen in time. after all, practice makes perfect (so keep on practicin' ;)..tee hee) it took us 5 years to have dallin and now i wish that i had not worried about it so much and enjoyed the relatively short time we had to just be a married couple a little more. lol...every moment in every phase is precious

Burdick Family said...

I can't believe you don't have a TV. Sometimes I wish we didn't have one in our house either, but most the time we are watching Disney movies, backyardigans and PBS cartoons. (:

Brian Norton said...

Thanks for the compliments on my blog! Avery is so precious. I love being a mom. I didn't think I'd like it this much, what with the sleep deprivation and all.