Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guess what!


It snowed today! I say snow-ed (past tense) because it only snowed for about 10 minutes. Luckily I got my camera out in time to take a couple of photos to document it. These pictures were taken from my back door and front porch. The weathermen had been predicting snow for today, and it sure looked like snow clouds when I woke up this morning. I guess they are right sometimes. You may have to click on the photos to enlarge them in order to see the snow flakes that were coming down.

Does this mean cold weather is officially here to stay? All signs point to it, I suppose. I finally turned on our furnace a few days ago. I always try and wait to turn on the furnace until the last possible day to do that. I had already put an extra blanket on the bed and been wearing sweatshirts when I was at home. But I finally gave in. It was getting pretty chilly in our house, so I thought that it was time.

My hubby is flying home from Phoenix today. Boy this is going to be some weather-shock for him. He said it has been 80-90 degrees there and still using the A.C.! I hope he enjoyed it while it lasted because he's in for a cold one tonight!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It snowed down here, too--but not for very long. Kallie was THRILLED. After the Baltics, a few snowy months are nothin'. :)

P.S. I LOVE Fly by Night on your music pics! Took me back to my college days and made me smile.