Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trout Fishing

Will wanted to take my picture because he said I looked so good in these waders that I could be in the Cabela's catalog as a model! :) I sure do have a sweet husband!! Thanks, babe.

Yesterday Will and I both had work off so we drove to Chesterfield Reservoir. Originally it was going to be an overnight camping trip, but Will ended up needing to work on Saturday. I wish I could say that the highlight of the trip was catching tons of fish! Unfortunately we didn't catch any fish at Chesterfield. I did catch a big stick off the bottom that sure got me excited to think it was a huge trout. Ha ha. Chesterfield is known for its good-sized trout. It was good to get the fly rods out again. Since we have been bass fishing lately, we've just been using our spinning rods and not the fly rods. It was good to cast a fly rod again.

Anyway, one of the highlights for me is that I got to try out my new float tube! We bought a new float tube and fins for me this summer and I hadn't used it until yesterday. I have to say that it was SUPER nice! I really like it. I sit much higher in it than in the other one that we have. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of me in the float tube since we didn't take our camera out on the water with us.
After not catching anything at Chesterfield (even though we were out in the water for about 2 hours.) we decided to go to the Portneuf River for some more trout fishing. This is Will and the one trout that we caught yesterday.

Note: It was definitely some good calorie-burning exercise from kicking around in the float tubes for that long. Yea for exercise!!
It is a beautiful little stream!
And here's the happy couple. It was a good day because we got to spend ALL DAY together and we were fishing. :)

5 comments:

BrookieT said...

I love how outdoorsy you two are. You were both lucky to find someone who loves to fish and be outside in nature!

Jenni said...

Heidi your hair has gotten so long since I last saw you! Looks like fun you guys. ANd woohoo those gaters Heidi! :)

Kate Call said...

how much do i love you guys! you do the funnest things together.. it so important to have hobbies in common! keep posting pictures of all your adventures.. its my favorite!

VicandNanc said...

I can't believe how much you guys go fishing! So what are you doing this weekend? We'd love to come see the house if you are in town! You should come camping with us too! I need to just call you!

Jenn said...

How fun! I miss being able to pick up and go do fun stuff! Dennis has never been fishing, can you believe that!!?